Can I sue an apartment complex for slipping in water and hitting my head on the edge of the door?

Asked 5 months ago - Mesquite, TX

I was walking the restroom where as I entered I slipped and fell due to water all over the floor I didn't see the water due to the restroom is not well lit. I now suffer from head aches on a daily basis, what cam I do

1. David Ian Schoen

Pro

3

Answered . You can and should consult with an experienced TX personal injury attorney ASAP.

2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

1

Answered . It is possible you have a claim. It depends on more details. Get a free consultation with a lawyer in your area to go over the facts. Given the difficulties in this kind of case, I recommend you look for a lawyer that is board certified in personal injury law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

3. Richard P. Console

Pro

2

Answered . Give a call to a local Personal Injury attorney so you can explore your legal options. Also, if you haven't done so already, see a doctor for evaluation and continue treatment for any injuries you sustained from the fall.

Pro

2

Answered . You can have a local personal injury lawyer investigate and evaluate. Use Avvo's lawyer finder tool.

5. Catherine Hale Herrington

Answered . You should always consult with a personal injury attorney in person so that she may evaluate the particular facts of your case and apply them to the law. To answer your question in general, you may sue an apartment complex for unreasonably dangerous conditions which they knew about or that they should have known about or for negligent activities by employees or representatives. Where on the premises is also a factor to consider (i.e. common area? inside apartment?). It will also need to be determined if you were an invitee or licensee on the premises (i.e. were you living there? visiting? or delivering something?). The answers to these questions in addition to how badly you were hurt will be considered by the lawyer in valuing the case.

6. Brent Allen Devere

Answered . It sounds like a possible premises liability in claim. In Texas, in order to prevail on such a claim, you need to show there was a dangerous condition that the landlord knew or should have know about and failed to correct and/or warn. You might want to consult a personal injury in this regard.

7. Richard Todd Rosenstein

1

Answered . Perhaps. It depends upon on severe factors including, but not limited to, how the water got on the floor, whether or not the management was aware of the issue and whether the management properly maintained the restroom. You should contact a local slip and fall personal injury lawyer to discuss the details of the matter.