Can I sue a website for discrimination? I joined a Photography website so I posted some Camera equipment in there classified.

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Internet law

All of a sudden I was attacked by members like wild dogs calling me a scammer. So after all the abuse they put a lock on my ad.

So recently I posted my Camera equipment again and the abuse started again calling me a scammer and pathetic. I've never experience anything like that. I did complain the first time to a supporter and he just said they did that because they didn't know you.

They need to be taught a lesson so if I could sue them I will! Otherwise this will continue on. So the 2nd ad that I put up they took it down it vanished! I do have some emails from them I really want to go after them.

There is not an actionable claim for unlawful discrimination based on these facts.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Can you sue? Yes, you can sue anyone for almost anything. Will your "discrimination" suit have even a tiny chance of winning? No. This is not illegal discrimination.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues that you have not suffered unlawful discrimination.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Anythime you post anything on the web, you need to be prepared for the trolls to attack. I understand your heartburn here, but there is no discrimination.

If you have items to sell, find another photo site with classifieds or use eBay.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

Internet law topics