Can I sue a starbucks branch if 2 of their employees called me hideous names?

Asked 4 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

to make is short i purchased a coffee and asked for them to remake it because it wasn't tasting right, so they got mad and called me a retard and called me a son of a b**** and when i tried getting my money back they just kept ignoring me.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . These facts don't support a sound lawsuit.

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as... more
  2. David Herman Hirsch

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with Ms. McCall, what you describe isn't the basis for a lawsuit, but you should certainly complain to the management about the conduct of their employees...

    THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

  3. Sagar P. Parikh

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can sue, but you wouldn't be successful as you have no damages.

  4. Santo Joseph Riccobono

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree, I dont think the facts merit a lawsuit.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now