Skip to main content

Can I sue a spa after an allergic reaction due to a facial?

New York, NY |

I had an allergic reaction the morning after a facial. I told the aesthetician that i had have allergic reactions in the past but she assured me that het products were organic and natural. When i called her the next morning telling her that I was having an allergic reaction, she told me that something must be wrong with me because none of her clients ever complained. Shs offered me to come to the salon and she would apply a calming mask. Of course, I refused because I do not my face to get worse.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I would simply ask them for a refund. Take photos to document your allergic reaction and if they don't agree take them to small claims court.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Unless you have some permanent injury, you will spend more trying to sue than you are likely to recover. Small claims court may be an option for the cost of the service and any medical bills.


Not likely, unless they did something wrong. You should talk with them about a refund, as suggested.


Without more than a short allergic reaction, a lawsuit would likely cost more than would be recovered.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer