Can I sue a sheriff department if i think they violated my rites. How do I go about it?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Murfreesboro, AR

I have a 17 year old daughter, who slept with a married man, and the prosecutor , sheriff and deputy sheriff where questioning me because i didnt report it, well why would i cause she knew what she was doing and they said they are trying to get this man for rape, cause she was willing but unable to say no....that is a lie, she knew exctly what she was doing.. a very long story.... I got domestic battery 3rd degree and mom in law did too, We need help, sherriff department did us very badly and when I went in to tell my side, I couldnt get an edge wise in..Prosecutor was supposed to remain neutral but she didnt....Im sick of this department, they are dirty and there is more but unable to fit in pl advize me on what to do, I would love to sue these jerks cause Im not the only one.

1. Robert Smead Hogan

Pro

Answered . There are a number of things which will prevent you from suing successfully. The first is a lack of damages, and another is having a criminal conviction. If you plead guilty or are convicted, you cannot sue for civil rights violations.

As to the issue of whether your daughter consented, a minor cannot consent to sex with an adult as a matter of law.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

Answered . In no way is the prosecutor a "neutral" -- ever.