Can I sue a school teacher for telling her class that my 9 year old is going to jail? when it wasn't true

Asked 10 months ago - Madison, WI

my son's 4th grade teacher told his class that he was going to jail and now the other children are bullying him in school. also, he is in special education

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . Most likely you are relying on the reports of a child or children in this matter and those will not by themselves suffice as the factual basis for a lawsuit. But the reports of your son and/or his classmates is adequate for a complaint to the teacher and the school and a request for investigation by the school administrative officers. Suing is almost never the correct course as a first resort.

2. William L. Brown

Answered . This type of behavior is unacceptable. Your child does not deserve to be treated this way.

[removed]