Can I sue a school teacher for telling her class that my 9 year old is going to jail? when it wasn't true

Asked 10 months ago - Madison, WI

my son's 4th grade teacher told his class that he was going to jail and now the other children are bullying him in school. also, he is in special education

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Most likely you are relying on the reports of a child or children in this matter and those will not by themselves suffice as the factual basis for a lawsuit. But the reports of your son and/or his classmates is adequate for a complaint to the teacher and the school and a request for investigation by the school administrative officers. Suing is almost never the correct course as a first resort.

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended... more
  2. William L. Brown

    Contributor Level 3

    Answered . This type of behavior is unacceptable. Your child does not deserve to be treated this way.


    This answer is for informational purposes only. I am not your lawyer. If you want legal advice concerning this... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,264 answers this week

3,221 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,264 answers this week

3,221 attorneys answering