Can I sue a school or district for school employees discussing my children's behavior in the office where another parent overhea

Peoria, IL |
Filed under: Education law

My 7 yr old son has Adhd and has been having issues at school lately and my 9 yr old has been kinda showing out lately since his brother has been diagnosed with this. Well both of them got suspended last week for throwing a fit, the youngest one actually hit the teacher.. And the oldest was pushing chairs around and another student got hurt... But Another parent was in the office and overheard them discussing me and my children and their behavior and saying that they should call the dept of child and family services on me.. Saying that my children act like they don't have any home training and my youngest is calling the teacher momma but this do get attention from them not me anyone who know me can tell you i give them the up most time.

I don't see a lawsuit here.

This conduct was insensitive and unprofessional, to say the least. It merits a strong complaint to the principal, head of the district and even your state school superintendent. But it is not a sound basis for a lawsuit.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law