Can I sue a pharmacy and a doctor for giving me wrong medication?

Asked about 4 years ago - Kansas City, MO

A doctor wrote prescription for my baby who has eye infection,by writing Cipro-HC eye drop, and Wal-green pharmacy called the doctor if they can substitute Cipro-HC EAR drop (not making any senses) cause they don't have the eye drop that the doctor wrote, so the doctor said yes, by misunderstanding the Ear drop with Eye drop under the similar name but different suffix. Luckily, I read prescription carefully, so I knew they gave me the wrong medicine, what if, I put that wrong drop they gave me on my baby's eye and something go wrong with her eye, I can't imagine.What can I do with this, I wasted time, money, miss work, my baby still sick pls give me advice. Thanks a lot

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . It's a good thing nobody was injured. Without injury, no lawsuit.

    Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Answered . You can't normally recover for what might have happened. No injury usually means no case. File a complaint with the doctor and/or pharmacy.(boards)

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,103 answers this week

3,678 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,103 answers this week

3,678 attorneys answering