Skip to main content

Can I sue a person who rear ended me even if his insurance co. Said that I cutt him off ? The police report said his fault

City Of Industry, CA |

Police report said he was driving to fast for traffic conditions and never said during his interview with police that I cutt him off, that came a few days later when he talked to hi insurance co.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you suffered damages from an accident then you can sue the responsible driver regardless of what his insurance carrier says. You should consult with an attorney who can review the police report and all other important documents in order to give you the advice you need.


Sure you can sue him. What an insurance company says is often self-serving and often untrue. When you go to court (small claims I assume, if you only suffered damage to your car) bring a certified copy of the police report. If you were injured, a lawyer will handle all of this for you.




Frustrating, isnt it? the answer is, yes, you can. Often times, the tone of the other party's insurance company may make you think otherwise but don't put too much weight on that. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have or at least provide a trustworthy referral, to make sure your interests are protected. Best of luck to you!

Lisa M. Blasser, Esq. | BLASSER LAW 20955 Pathfinder Rd., Diamond Bar, Ca. 91765 Office: (909) 843-6363 | Direct: (909) 542-9456 Please visit us online at: The above information does not constitute legal advice and does not form the basis of an attorney-client relationship. Lisa M. Blasser, Esq. and Blasser Law do not represent you and are not responsible for any actions or inactions that you decide to pursue in lieu of the above information.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer