Can I sue a person in small claims for a loan of 260$$. Can I sue for pain and suffering?

Asked over 1 year ago - Holland, MI

I am a handicap 53 year old male living on a fixed income. I lent a family member some money because he needed to pay his car. He has good employment. He promised to pay following week.He has ailed even to contact me, after repeated calls. He acts like he don't know me at all.I am also a diabetic who uses 2 kinds of insulin..I needed this money to pay for copaments for my prescriptions., I've suffered some reactions for not having proper medications for this ailment.

Pro

5

Answered . You can sue for the 260 in small claims.

2. William S. Stern

Pro

3

Answered . If it is less than $5,000, then sue in small claims court. Otherwise, you should contact a lawyer.

3. Bennett James Wills

Pro

4

Answered . You could sue for $260. But not for pain and suffering.

4. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

4

Answered . You can sue under a contract theory or equitable theory for the $260 but generally the law does not allow for pain and suffering under these claims.

5. Michael R Crosner

2

Answered . Yes, can sue for the $260.00 in small claims - No, can't collect for pain & suffering Good Luck