Can I sue a person for talking about personal thing about me?

San Diego, CA |

this person I know when he gets mad at me told me that he will tell all friends everything about us and personal things

1. More facts are needed. However generally the answer is no. If you do not want someone to repeat "personal things" don't divulge them. Truth is a defense and even if untrue the statements must be of a specific type.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

2. Not if what is said is true.
    And if it's not true, your proof of damages will be more than you can handle without an attorney.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. A fact or two would be helpful

4. Probably not.

5. Barring a statutory privilege such as attorney/client, doctor/therapist/patient, priest penitent privileges, no one has a legal duty to keep your secrets.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.