Skip to main content

Can I sue a person for pushing, grabbing, vehicular damage, and emotional distress?

Starkville, MS |

A guy who i've been dating for a year was heavily intoxicated at a public place at night . When I tried to help him and stop the embarrassment, he pushed me down. Two altercations occurred at my apartment ( with him walking away intoxicated alongside a highway and me going after him in my car so he wouldn't get hit) and at his apartment complex( after driving him home ). It escalated after I found text messages from another woman whom he was also dating as well. I was called vulgar names, pushed, threatened to be elbowed, and my jewelry was destroyed. I found a long faint scratch on my arm the next day. He also dented/scratched the rear side of my car from reckless driving or driving while intoxicated. He had a hang over and doesn't remember anything. Is there anything I can do?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You can call the police.

    The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

    Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102

    Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755

  2. I am not licensed to practice in your state; however I would strongly encourage you to seek legal representation from a local attorney. You may want to consider moving on and leaving him behind.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics