Can i sue a nursing school for discrimination and purposely giving wrong information so i will not get in their nursing school?

New Baltimore, MI |

i want to sue a nursing school.i'm an lpn attended a private nursing school to continue RN.The school said they admit LPNs who didn't graduate from their nursing school.i got my LPN education from other school.i took their pre-requisite classes,even optional class to get in the school.they admit based on GPA(I got a 4.0) and entrance exam.I asked my academic advisor the test topics so i can study for it.She said its basic subjects math,reading.I took the test, i'm surprised they're all nursing questions i did not study for.i failed exam,didn't get in RN school.i felt deceived,discriminated coz i didnt graduate from their school.i took out loan to go to school and they deny me.it's their fault for giving me wrong test info to study.I complain to school nursing director she will not help me

Based just on what you have summarized here, you do not have a sound discrimination claim against the school -- or any other kind of lawsuit. Admission to the school is competitive; you took a test as part of the competitive admission process; you did not do well enough to be admitted. You claim that you studied the wrong material, but that is not a provable claim and, even if it were, the school was not legally obligated to furnish you with reliable info as to what to study.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

thanks to all the attorneys who replied. im sorryi have trouble disclosing all the details because the characters i can type are limited.trust me and believe me,it may not be discrimination but its all misrepresentation of facts.i felt the school only cared about making money off me and then planned to deny me after getting my loan money.im not the only one they did this to.there's an online forum of students like me who complained that they did this to.im the only one who spoke out.this has to stop.i worked hard 10 years of my life working as a nurse's aide before being an LPN and now im willing to go back for RN,studied my life off while working at the same time as a working student only to be denied coz of wrong information.So if you say the school is not required to tell the students what the test covers,then how will the students pass any exam without knowing what the test is on?maybe the only ones who empathize with us students are the ones who went through hardships and really worked hard all their lives and ended up with all their efforts to nothing.i wish there's one attorney who will also stand up for us students,who will fight on the right side,not because the big companies/organizations paid them to fight for the wrong things.pls fight for what is right,not just for money.give justice to the opressed which is what you originally swore an oath for.

You facts sound more in misrepresentation or some other contractual area than discrimination. The relevant facts, in my opinion, are unclear or missing. As stated they have not outlined a cause of action but would warrant additional investigation. Call my offices, or another attorney, to discuss you situation.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, my answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement. For an appointment please call please call 586-778-0900 or contact brennanj@lawyermichigan.us via email.

I have to agree completely with the others who have responded. Your facts do not lay out a cause of action against the school. You have provided no facts which correspond to any type of discrimination or for that matter any other grounds for legal action. The school required an admissions test of students wishing to attend the school. All students had to take and pass the test. The school had no obligation to test you how to prepare for the test. It may be that someone's effort to help you, actually misled you as to what to study for, but this is not actionable.
Unless there are facts or details not shared above, there is no legal action that can be taken.

Education law topics