Can i sue a nursing school for discrimination and purposely giving wrong information so i will not get in their nursing school?

Asked about 2 years ago - New Baltimore, MI

i want to sue a nursing school.i'm an lpn attended a private nursing school to continue RN.The school said they admit LPNs who didn't graduate from their nursing school.i got my LPN education from other school.i took their pre-requisite classes,even optional class to get in the school.they admit based on GPA(I got a 4.0) and entrance exam.I asked my academic advisor the test topics so i can study for it.She said its basic subjects math,reading.I took the test, i'm surprised they're all nursing questions i did not study for.i failed exam,didn't get in RN school.i felt deceived,discriminated coz i didnt graduate from their school.i took out loan to go to school and they deny me.it's their fault for giving me wrong test info to study.I complain to school nursing director she will not help me

1. John F. Brennan

1

1

Answered . You facts sound more in misrepresentation or some other contractual area than discrimination. The relevant facts, in my opinion, are unclear or missing. As stated they have not outlined a cause of action but would warrant additional investigation. Call my offices, or another attorney, to discuss you situation.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . Based just on what you have summarized here, you do not have a sound discrimination claim against the school -- or any other kind of lawsuit. Admission to the school is competitive; you took a test as part of the competitive admission process; you did not do well enough to be admitted. You claim that you studied the wrong material, but that is not a provable claim and, even if it were, the school was not legally obligated to furnish you with reliable info as to what to study.

3. Mark Steven Kamleiter

Answered . I have to agree completely with the others who have responded. Your facts do not lay out a cause of action against the school. You have provided no facts which correspond to any type of discrimination or for that matter any other grounds for legal action. The school required an admissions test of students wishing to attend the school. All students had to take and pass the test. The school had no obligation to test you how to prepare for the test. It may be that someone's effort to help you, actually misled you as to what to study for, but this is not actionable.
    Unless there are facts or details not shared above, there is no legal action that can be taken.