Can I sue a nurse for the cause of my sons cleft lip & palate?

Canada, KY |

When I was about 17 or 18 I was told It might be impossible to have kids. Cuz of my irregular women monthly, and years later I got pregnant and didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 5 months, I had no signs whatsoever I didn't even show. But in march (one month pregnant) I when to this clinic after hours cause I had this worse stomach pain. And she prescribe me septra and was in IV. And the nurse took blood samples. And send it out to a medical lab. And didn't hear nothing after that. Wouldn't they have known I was pregnant?

1. They should've tested whether or not you were pregnant yes, but you did not provide enough information for us to adequately advise you mare you claiming the one visit resulting in Septra Rex resulted in your son's injury? If so you may want to consult attorneys who specialize in claims against the drug manufacturer to advise you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. Your medical records will need to be reviewed by a malpractice lawyer near you to see if you have a viable claim

3. In order to prove malpractice you must show that the health care provider's actions fell below the standard of care and that it caused the injury. Have your records reviewed by a malpractice attorney to evaluate your claim.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.