Can I sue a major fast food chain for having a huge cockroach in a large cup of tea?

Asked over 5 years ago - Harvey, LA

Thanks John for answering my question so quickly. I have no way of proving that I didn't place the roach there but my daughter had just finished sipping out of it when she found the roach. I would not have let her drink out of the cup if I had put the roach in it. What I need to know is, do I contact a personal injury lawyer? If not what type of lawyer would I use? And what other steps would I have to take?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You may bring a lawsuit if you can prove you did not put the critter in the tea.

    Contact an attorney in your locale and keep all the materials you have from the fast food place (cup, etc...)

    Good luck to you.

  2. Michael J. Helfand

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I'm sure you were horrified to find a cockroach in your daughter's drink. However, it's a hard thing to sue for. You will need to prove that you were injured/harmed. If you want to take legal action, you should be able to consult with a personal injury attorney for free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,661 answers this week

2,997 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,661 answers this week

2,997 attorneys answering