Can I sue a local government for false and defamatory information?

A county employee contacted me with personal questions for a third party court hearing. The county employee's investigative role should be unbiased but he/she ignored my responses and provided the Court with untrue information which favored the third party's case. The county employee's information was defamatory and violated my civil rights.

San Mateo, CA -

Steven Parnell Weaver

Steven Parnell Weaver

Criminal Defense Attorney - Saint Louis, MO

You may but what really are your damages? The person who the information was used against has a better case.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

You can certainly have a local civil rights lawyer investigate the specifics

Christopher John Gansen

Christopher John Gansen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

So you say, but there are few facts here on which to base a lawsuit.

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Litigation Lawyer - Fairfax, VA

You bet you can sue.
Anyone can sue anyone else.
Whether you can win is the $64 question and that depends on lots of facts, circumstances and the law in your state.

You presented zero facts and zero circumstances of relevance so it’s not possible to assess your chances of winning a suit against an entity that enjoys immunity and presumably has lots of money to defend itself.

Related Advice