Can I sue a landlord in any county' court or in a specific court?

Miami, FL |

I was renting an apt at miami beach. the landlord failed to refund my deposit. I tried to settle personally, phone and by mail without proper answer from the landlord. where can i sue the landlord, at the miami beach court or can be any court of miami dade county.
The landlord was a ex Former Mayor 20 years ago of M.Beach. He studied law.
I already wrote two letters to settle my deposit refund w/o answer from him.
What can I do?

Depending on the amount, you can sue for return of security deposit in county court. You can also recovere attorney's fees. I would consult an attorney to consider taking the case for you.

Well you need an attorney for sure, but if you are worried about his ex-mayor status and having politcal influence, no, you cannot go sue in Tampa or Jacksonville so that he cannot use influence. You have to sue where the property is. ok? You want to do everything right. He is a lawyer or will hire a lawyer and they will look for mistakes like a checkers or chess match.

You must sue the landlord in the county court where the property is located.
Good luck!

Landlord-tenant topics