Can i sue a health discount service company if they refuse to refund my money?

Asked over 1 year ago - Alexandria, VA

I signed up for a medical discount card for my father since he couldn't apply for health insurance. An agent applied for him for this service and she said that we would get 80% discounts on his prescriptions and other things. But no doctor accepts his card for anything (visits, labs, dental, ... which is what we were paying for), even the doctors who are on their website who are supposed to have contracts with them, the doctors haven't even heard of this discount company. After a few months of payment, we were offered a less than a 20% discount for a prescription. i canceled the monthly payments today and i want a refund for the 5 months we have paid them and couldn't use it for anything at all. Can i sue them if they refuse to refund my money?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Elizabeth Taylor Herd


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I know that I am not suppose to give you specific referrals but this is a very narrow area and I think Mike Walrath in south Florida might be able to help you or direct you to someone who knows about billing. Good luck.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice and personal injury

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,328 answers this week

2,898 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,328 answers this week

2,898 attorneys answering