Can i sue a health discount service company if they refuse to refund my money?

Alexandria, VA |

I signed up for a medical discount card for my father since he couldn't apply for health insurance. An agent applied for him for this service and she said that we would get 80% discounts on his prescriptions and other things. But no doctor accepts his card for anything (visits, labs, dental, ... which is what we were paying for), even the doctors who are on their website who are supposed to have contracts with them, the doctors haven't even heard of this discount company. After a few months of payment, we were offered a less than a 20% discount for a prescription. i canceled the monthly payments today and i want a refund for the 5 months we have paid them and couldn't use it for anything at all. Can i sue them if they refuse to refund my money?

1. I know that I am not suppose to give you specific referrals but this is a very narrow area and I think Mike Walrath in south Florida might be able to help you or direct you to someone who knows about billing. Good luck.