Can i sue a Drunk or tired Driver for almost killing me this past Wednesday while I was on foot waiting for a cab.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jacinto, CA

I was waiting for a cab ride on the shoulder of Gilmans Springs rd. Just this past Wednesday, when a truck driver hit me in the back ,but only clipping my left ARM shredding my jacket and injuring my left elbow.im terrified some one is out to hurt me and will not walk anywhere. I feel like im in danger and very afraid. Changing my Life and I want justice for myself & others that may be at the risk of that faulty driver. He should have stopped at the minimal. Thank GOD Im still alive ,however, I feel very terrified & shocked to have Gone through this traggic experience.

Pro

31

1

Answered . Yes, you can sue for your injuries. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

29

Answered . Yes, you can sue him. Hopefully, you got his driver's license or a witness saw the accident or you reported it to the police. Without any evidence linking the driver to the accident, you may have to hire a private investigatore to find the truck and if you remember how the driver looked, you may give a description to your investigator. Best of luck.

3. George Costas Andriotis

29

1

Answered . Yes. Find a personal injury lawyer to investigate and assist you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Adrienne Patricia Allen

27

1

Answered . Yes you can if you know who the other party is. If you do not, contact our own insurance carrier to see if you have uninsured motorist coverage for this. Since you are have great emotional difficulty with this, you can see a therapist which you can be compensated for as well, just like any other physician. You should also consult with an injury attorney to find out all of your other legal rights. Good luck to you.

5. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

25

1

Answered . If one is a pedestrian and is struck by a car, he or she should get medical attention, file a police report, and hire a personal injury attorney... In that order.

He or she has enough to worry about with getting better and attending doctor visits, physical therapy, etc. The lawyer will figure out who to sue, what insurance coverage may be applicable, and how to handle everything else.

Fortunately, many of us personal injury types offer free consultations and take cases on a contingent basis. Thus, there is nothing to fear in calling us.

-Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

6. Kevin Coluccio

26

Answered . Good to the "find a lawyer" tab to find a lawyer in your community.

7. Matthew Rabban

24

Answered . Yes, you may be able to sue him for your elbow injuries. However, were you able to get his license plate number?

8. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

23

Answered . You will want to hire a local attorney to represent you in your case. As Mr. Coluccio stated, the "Find a Lawyer" page is a great way to find a qualified lawyer to represent you in your case. Best of luck.