Can i sue a doctor who is active duty for writing prescriptions in my name for my husband,

Asked over 1 year ago - Frederick, MD

My husband was having an affair with this woman, she wrote the prescriptions for him in my name, so he could fill them while he was home on leave. He is a contractor in afghanistan, she is still active duty, i want to know if i can sue her for writing these prescriptions to a person she has never met

1. William Emil Cassara

Pro

4

Answered . As posted earlier you have no grounds to sue the doctor.

2. Robinson Sean Rowe

3

Answered . You probably dont have any civil damages, but if you report it, she could lose her license and they both could get criminal charges for drug distribution and possession.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . See previous post.

4. Wojciech Zbigniew Kornacki

2

Answered . Your question requires research into Privacy Act laws, identity theft, and into privacy protection. It sounds like they are using your identity for their purposes. The military is very serious about prescription accountability, etc, so this sounds very serious.. Another question is whether you have a duty to report this to someone or to advise that you have not been taking the medication prescribed to you. Your questions require further research.

5. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . Like your other question, I have changed the practice area to military law so those who practice in that area can respond to you. Your recourse is to report to the doctor's superiors.