Can i sue a doctor for misdiagnoses in the er that coused my little girl pain?

Fairburn, GA |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

my little girl is ten years old she wrecked her bike and broke a tooth and loosened four in the frount we took her to the er and the doctor told us she was fine and give her tylanal and she could go to school the next day we called the dentist thay told me to take her out of school right then and called in some antibiotics (amoxicillin) and told me to get them fast even before we got to the dentist and pian meds and thay wonted to see her right away she sence was sent to a specialist and they where mad to hear what the er doctor said he told us a tooth could not get infected and she was fine that she did not need anyother treatment

1. If the dentist told you that your daughter was injured by the treatment or lack thereof that she received in the ER, then you should consult with a local medical malpractice attorney. Good luck!

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE: Ms. Brown’s response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, please contact an attorney in your state. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to contact her directly for a legal consultation, you may do so by calling 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com

2. You wouldn't get enough money most likely to surpass the costs. I'm glad she is OK.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

3. First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your little girl getting hurt, but it sounds like she will be ok. Since it does not appear that she has suffered any damages that were caused by the doctor, you probably do not have any good faith basis to file a lawsuit. Medical malpractice lawsuits are extremely expensive to properly investigate and file, and absent serious injury, a medical error is simply not worth pursuing.