Can i sue a doctor for misdiagnoses in the er that coused my little girl pain?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Fairburn, GA

my little girl is ten years old she wrecked her bike and broke a tooth and loosened four in the frount we took her to the er and the doctor told us she was fine and give her tylanal and she could go to school the next day we called the dentist thay told me to take her out of school right then and called in some antibiotics (amoxicillin) and told me to get them fast even before we got to the dentist and pian meds and thay wonted to see her right away she sence was sent to a specialist and they where mad to hear what the er doctor said he told us a tooth could not get infected and she was fine that she did not need anyother treatment

1. Lloyd Noland Bell

Pro

Answered . First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your little girl getting hurt, but it sounds like she will be ok. Since it does not appear that she has suffered any damages that were caused by the doctor, you probably do not have any good faith basis to file a lawsuit. Medical malpractice lawsuits are extremely expensive to properly investigate and file, and absent serious injury, a medical error is simply not worth pursuing.

Pro

1

Answered . You wouldn't get enough money most likely to surpass the costs. I'm glad she is OK.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.
  3. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

Answered . If the dentist told you that your daughter was injured by the treatment or lack thereof that she received in the ER, then you should consult with a local medical malpractice attorney. Good luck!