Can I sue a customer of the company I work for?

Las Vegas, NV |

The customer has written a letter to my corporate office accusing me of things I did not do. I have proof. The letter is potentialy harmful to my reputation and character. I have ledger notes from her account, witnesses, and time stamped materials dating my whereabouts.

I am in nevada. The customer has used slander against me in a letter she has faxed me a copy of.

Yes, you could sue the customer. However, this may cause an issue with your employer.

While there may be per se minimal damages arising out of any untrue comments to your employer by the customer, your damages will be limited unless you can show actual damages suffered by you as a result of the contact by the customer.

This would mean showing that you were fired, denied a raise, or otherwise harmed as a result of the comments.

At this time, I would explain myself t your employer, who I hope you have a strong and trustful relationship, and hope that it all goes away. If so, then I would not pursue the case as it would not be beneficial to take the time and effort to recover minimal damages. If you do suffer actual damages, I would speak to an attorney as soon as those damages are known.

Hope this helps.

/s Donald Kudler

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship and does not constitute legal advice, but is solely the opinion of a Nevada Attorney.

yes. Do you really want to get involved in suing customers? It could make it worse!

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Recommended articles about Personal injury