Can I sue a coworker for slander

Jamaica, NY |

I was written up by employee. He said I was harassing him n made it hard for him to complete his work om time, when I was answering questions that he asked. The fact that he didn't understand the work was the issue. The company has audio n video cameras that can prove his claim is false. Can I sue for slander. This fell under the harassment policy

1. You have to prove malice as the common interest privilege will apply. This would be a hard case.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. see your duplicate post

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.