Can i sue a county?

Asked over 1 year ago - Yuba City, CA

I was assulted in Sept of 2012 and filed a claim with DA and DA drop the charges and have not filed a case. I want to sue the DA for neglagence and for violating my civil rights for not going after my attacker. i nhad a a sign statement and agreed to testify

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

4

Answered . The DA has charging immunity which means you can't force to prosecute a case he doesn't wish to prosecute. In any event it is now too late as you have missed the many filing deadlines that apply in suits against government entities.

2. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . Find a private attorney and sue your attacker.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.
  3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . You cannot sue prosecutors under the sort of circumstances you have outlined.