Can i sue a county?

Yuba City, CA |

I was assulted in Sept of 2012 and filed a claim with DA and DA drop the charges and have not filed a case. I want to sue the DA for neglagence and for violating my civil rights for not going after my attacker. i nhad a a sign statement and agreed to testify

The DA has charging immunity which means you can't force to prosecute a case he doesn't wish to prosecute. In any event it is now too late as you have missed the many filing deadlines that apply in suits against government entities.

Find a private attorney and sue your attacker.

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

You cannot sue prosecutors under the sort of circumstances you have outlined.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes