Can I sue a co workers wife for libel slander?

Asked 11 months ago - Mesa, AZ

Co workers ex wife accused me of having an affair with him and wrote letter to all my co workers, corporate bosses, managers and so on. ((over 17 people). Calling me a user and predator. It is all false information and just want to see what rights I have in Arizona.

Pro

5

1

Answered . Yes

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . Of course you can sue. Anyone can sue.

Did you have any economic damages? If none, won't be much point in suing.

3. Samuel Cohen

3

Answered . Yes. Consult an attorney. Use Find a Lawyer here.

4. Lee Alan Thompson

2

Answered . Yes. Proving damages is the tough part. See an attorney.

5. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . Pursuing this miserable situation in court will not make you happy. If the defendant mounts a full and vigorous defense, you could be living with this legal case for several years, subject to horrifically invasive questions about your personal and sexual life, and end up with an uncollectible judgment. And that's the upside. The other possibility is that you could lose.