Can I sue a chinese restaurant for breaking my tooth on a inch long bone in boneless spareribs

New Britain, CT |

I ordered from a restuarant that I have been ordering from for years. I always order the same thing and when I took a bite of my first boneless rib I broke my tooth. Do I get to have some kind of compinsation??

1. Your question is about a negligence claim for personal injury. It may be a question that ultimately requires a trial to decide. Additionally, Connecticut is a comparative negligence state and that may impact the degree to which the restaurant may or may not have been negligent. It is important and necessary to evaluate every negligence claim based on its specific facts. Have you spoken to the restaurant to tell them what happened? Have you been to see a dentist and had your tooth fixed? Consider hiring an attorney to help you put together and submit a demand package.

2. I am an attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York with my offices located in Stratford Connecticut. A personal injury case is based on liability + injury + ability to pay out/ insurance policy. We have had several cases similar to this one and the first thing you should be aware of is that the liability in such cases is often very low unless it is an object that is completely out of place in the food, other than a bone. By eating ribs you are assuming a risk of finding a bone. It is not a great case. However the damage to your tooth is the other part of the equation. It sounds like a minor injury but I do not know all the details. You may still be entitled to compensation. You should talk with an attorney.

We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. rosenbergandpress.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Rosenberg and Press, LLC are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Rosenberg and Press helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.