Can I sue a chinese restaurant for breaking my tooth on a inch long bone in boneless spareribs

Asked almost 2 years ago - New Britain, CT

I ordered from a restuarant that I have been ordering from for years. I always order the same thing and when I took a bite of my first boneless rib I broke my tooth. Do I get to have some kind of compinsation??

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Max L Rosenberg


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I am an attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York with my offices located in Stratford Connecticut. A personal injury case is based on liability + injury + ability to pay out/ insurance policy. We have had several cases similar to this one and the first thing you should be aware of is that the liability in such cases is often very low unless it is an object that is completely out of place in the food, other than a bone. By eating ribs you are assuming a risk of finding a bone. It is not a great case. However the damage to your tooth is the other part of the equation. It sounds like a minor injury but I do not know all the details. You may still be entitled to compensation. You should talk with an attorney.

    We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be... more
  2. Raun M Lubenstein

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . Your question is about a negligence claim for personal injury. It may be a question that ultimately requires a trial to decide. Additionally, Connecticut is a comparative negligence state and that may impact the degree to which the restaurant may or may not have been negligent. It is important and necessary to evaluate every negligence claim based on its specific facts. Have you spoken to the restaurant to tell them what happened? Have you been to see a dentist and had your tooth fixed? Consider hiring an attorney to help you put together and submit a demand package.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,951 answers this week

3,049 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,951 answers this week

3,049 attorneys answering