Skip to main content

Can I sue a casino where I was assaulted by a patron. I pressed charges on the man that assaulted me.

North Fort Myers, FL |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

He left a machine near where I was playing and went around the corner to play another. I went over to the machine he left, and he came back yelling I was at his machine and he had money in it. I cashed out and he grabbed my wrist which is bruised and grabbed the cash slip. I had security come over and I pressed charges for battery on him.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. The short answer is yes. Whether it will be worth your time depends on the amount of damages. Incidentally, the Indian casinos in Florida have a claims process for certain injuries. This may be another option for you.

    My answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Yes you can file a civil lawsuit against the man that assaulted you and against the business, but you will have to prove the business liable for some civil tort or wrongdoing. Consult with a civil plaintiff's lawyer in your area to review.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  3. Yes you can.

    Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics