Can I sue a casino where I was assaulted by a patron. I pressed charges on the man that assaulted me.

Asked over 1 year ago - North Fort Myers, FL

He left a machine near where I was playing and went around the corner to play another. I went over to the machine he left, and he came back yelling I was at his machine and he had money in it. I cashed out and he grabbed my wrist which is bruised and grabbed the cash slip. I had security come over and I pressed charges for battery on him.

1. Charles B. Upton II

6

Answered . The short answer is yes. Whether it will be worth your time depends on the amount of damages. Incidentally, the Indian casinos in Florida have a claims process for certain injuries. This may be another option for you.

My answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. James Regan

Pro

2

Answered . Yes you can.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.
  3. Frank Mascagni III

3

Answered . Yes you can file a civil lawsuit against the man that assaulted you and against the business, but you will have to prove the business liable for some civil tort or wrongdoing. Consult with a civil plaintiff's lawyer in your area to review.