Can i sue a car lot for foreging my sigunature on paper work and not forfilling the warranty they gave me on my car?

they gave me a 90 warranty car broke down number one thing on warranty says will cover engine. ive only had car for one month now needs engine and wont pay to fix it and they forge my singure on the warranty papers and told me they have the power of attorney to do it now its costing me 2700 for a new engine. and my warranty ends april 1st 2013 ive been working on this since it broke down feb11,2013

Reno, NV -

Thomas D. Boley

Thomas D. Boley

Personal Injury Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

The terms of the warranty are key here. There is a huge difference between a "power train" warranty and a "bumper to bumper" warranty. Plus each company has terms specific to their warranty program. You generally grant a limited power of attorney for the dealership to register the car for you. Generally this limited power of attorney does not have anything to do with the warranty. If a signature was forged, the forging party committed a felony in the State of Nevada.

Richard Edmund Hawkins

Richard Edmund Hawkins

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

As suggested by Mr. Boley, we would need to know which paperwork they placed your signature on. It's only forgery if they didn't have your permission.

Also, most warranties like that are not through the dealer, but a third party, whether an insurance company or an organization formed by mechanics to let them compete nationally.

Scott Richard Kaufman

Scott Richard Kaufman

Lemon Law Attorney - Los Altos, CA

Sorry this happened to you.
Sounds like an excellent case to me. I handle matters like this throughout CA.

I have a friend I refer similar case to (in NV) who does excellent work for consumers in trouble.
Please contact me directly and I will make the connection for you.

http://www.CaLemons.com

Related Advice