Can i sue a car lot for foreging my sigunature on paper work and not forfilling the warranty they gave me on my car?

Reno, NV |

they gave me a 90 warranty car broke down number one thing on warranty says will cover engine. ive only had car for one month now needs engine and wont pay to fix it and they forge my singure on the warranty papers and told me they have the power of attorney to do it now its costing me 2700 for a new engine. and my warranty ends april 1st 2013 ive been working on this since it broke down feb11,2013

Sorry this happened to you.
Sounds like an excellent case to me. I handle matters like this throughout CA.

I have a friend I refer similar case to (in NV) who does excellent work for consumers in trouble.
Please contact me directly and I will make the connection for you.

http://www.CaLemons.com

ok thank you so much ive been tryen to get help for this since feb11,2013 the day the car broke down i went on to your website and put my info in please callme as i need help before my warranty expire on april1 wow april fools to me lol thank you again have a nice day

The terms of the warranty are key here. There is a huge difference between a "power train" warranty and a "bumper to bumper" warranty. Plus each company has terms specific to their warranty program. You generally grant a limited power of attorney for the dealership to register the car for you. Generally this limited power of attorney does not have anything to do with the warranty. If a signature was forged, the forging party committed a felony in the State of Nevada.

they gave me a asc warranty it conset of the drive train coverage which number one thing it covers all engine parts,transmission,drive axle assembly front&rear&4wheel and all wheel drive cooling electrail 24 hour roadside rental carthe paper they forged was the warranty paper they marked 1000 on the warranty paper bascially saying i agreed to this 1000 covarge however i gave them power of attorney to get the title to my old car i traded in for this new car and nothing else i want to file a small claims case do you think i have a leg to stand on

Thomas D. Boley

Thomas D. Boley

Maybe. You would have the burden of proof to show that the handwriting was forged or the contract was modified after signed.

As suggested by Mr. Boley, we would need to know which paperwork they placed your signature on. It's only forgery if they didn't have your permission.

Also, most warranties like that are not through the dealer, but a third party, whether an insurance company or an organization formed by mechanics to let them compete nationally.

they did not have my permission for this when i left i knew i had a warranty but they said they would have to get me copies of my paper work so when they gave them to me they had forged my signature on it and marked 1000 on it i know that 1000 wont cover a engine even if what the warranty say that it covers all engine parts you cant fix it with 1000. do you think i have a leg to stand on bout to file a small claims case.