Can I sue a car dealership for selling me a used car that lost me my career and also put my life in danger?

Chicago, IL |

I was sold a car by M&L imports that I was told was in good running condition which was a complete lie. I was abit desperate to get financed because I had no credit at the time and it was a complete mistake. Same day I took it home engine light among other warning lights came on, my father being a mechanic told me they deleted the codes when you were test driving it so you wouldn't see it. within one week the dash lights stopped working, then I found out the rims on the car were the wrong size which led to an accident. I lost all steering as well braking power and the wheel completely broke off the vehicle. I'm a truck driver and because of the accident im unable to find a job as well as pay the remaining balance. Can I sue them for lost wages and endangering my life??

What you are describing is a combination of fraud and possibly negligence. Normally, damages for fraud are similar to contract damages, so the answer to whether you can sue for list earnings is probably not. However, the facts you have described are so severe that you could be entitled to punitive damages, a sort of civil penalty, that could mean a larger recovery. Find a lawyer with experience in punitive damages cases, they are hard to win.

Answering this question does not set up a attorney-client relationship between us. My comments do not constitute legal advice. If you would like to pursue representation, please contact me.

I agree with the prior attorney, there are many attorneys that concentrates on product liability, breach of warranty and personal injury. You need to make some calls, or use the avvo attorney finder.