Can I sue a car dealership for not disclosing damage to a NEW vehicle that i purchashed?

Asked about 5 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

I was involved in a minor rear- end accident, and were hit from behind. We took our Rogue to get the bumper looked and fixed. The same day we got a call from the Geico adjuster who told me he had to let me know that when he took off the bumper there was “signs of work that has been done before with miss matched sealant and rust forming where paint is chipped”. He suggested we should come take a look at it. We looked at it and took pictures of it. This was the only accident we have had with this new vehicle. He did write a report about the previous damage and also took pictures. In our conversation with the GM of Henderson Nissan He said it came off the truck had an accident and made a hole in the passenger side wheel well and then they fixed it.

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . This may be a violation of the consumer fraud act in your state. I suggest you contact an attorney and review the circumstances in detail with someone familiar with your state statutes. You may be entitled to compensation and payment of your attorney fees as well. Do not delay in seeking counsel.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.