Can I sue a cab company for one of their drivers sexually harassing me?

Asked 5 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

I called a private cab service and the driver was sexually harassing me, verging on sexual assault. He said that my perfume makes him horny and making moaning sounds.

I was trying to ignore him and be polite because I was in a rush and it's scary being in a strange man's car but I noticed him deliberately driving out of the way of where I was going so I was getting concerned. Then, he pulled the car over to tell me that I "look like I like sex" and asking if he could touch my breasts.

I ended up just telling him to leave me there since I wasn't too far from my destination. As I handed him the money, he reached back to try to touch my breast. I ran out of the car as quick as possible.

I want to know if I have a basis to sue or at least report him in some way. Thank you.

1. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

2

Answered . You can file a complaint with the NYS Division of Human Rights. It may be simpler to file a complaint with the NYC Traffic and Limousine Commission. You can reach them by calling 311.

2. Vincent Peter White

1

Answered . 1. Call the police.
    2. This is not an employment law question.

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

Answered . As Mr. Forman suggested, file a complaint with the licensing agency, file a complaint with the cab company, and make a report to law enforcement.