Skip to main content

Can I sue

Milwaukee, WI |

I just bought a bag of chips from a local gas station. The date on the chips were expired and a guarantee was, "if the date on the bag of chips is sold while over due its free.The owner refused to give my money back with the bag of chips. My question is what legal action can I take?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Take a deep breath. Give a sigh. Find sometihing to smile about.

    Yours is not a matter for the courts.

    Good luck.

    NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

  2. I agree with Attorney Brinkmeier.

  3. Do you need to file a lawsuit? People can sue over anything. It's your right. In Milwaukee there is even a small claims seminar in the courthouse where you'll get free advice on how to file a small claims complaint.

    But, do you really want to spend the money to file the complaint, serve the complaint, attend hearings and then attempt to collect on a judgment?

    I was told a few wise words when I first graduated from law school, "Principle is expensive." I'd recommend you stop shopping at this gas station instead of filing a suit.