Can i sue 3 years after receiving injury

Poughkeepsie, NY |

fell in hospital

1. Generally negligence has a 3 yr SOL.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State and always pays referring attorneys a reasonable referral fee in contingency cases

2. If the fall was incident to medical care, the statute may be 2 1/2 years. In general negligence claims have a three year statute of limitations. Contact a personal injury lawyer in your area immediately.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

3. I defer to my colleagues on the statute of limitations, but remind you that there needs to be some negligence on the part of the hospital before you can sue. You post contains no facts as to the fall. If you just happened to fall for no apparent reason, or if it was your own fault, you don't have a basis to sue. Good luck

4. You may have a statute of limitations problem, but call one of the lawyers in your state who answered above to double check.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. Generally, unless the accident was due to medical care, then regular negligence S/Limitations applies, which is 3 years. For example, falling off a bed in a hospital may be regular negligence on the part of the hospital. They will argue for the shorter time limit of 2 1/2 years if it will make a difference. Give me a call since you are in same town. 471-0044

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice which requires all the details, nor creates an attorney client relationship.

Medical malpractice topics