Can I sue a biopsy place for misdiagnosis of cancer which lead to me losing my thyroid for no reason?

Crossville, TN |

I had a lump in my thyroid and was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, the doctor was telling me that i needed to take the whole thing out not to take any chances. I ended up having the whole thyroid removed and now the pathologist says the lump was not malignant. Can I sue them for that?

1. Consult with a local attorney who handles malpractice cases and who can have the appropriate specialist answer whether there was negligence. You can find a highly-rated atty here on Avvo.

2. Not necessarily.There may have been other reasons to remove your thyroid. Getting a good med mal lawyer in your area will help you get a better understanding of your rights and options by reviewing the records and consulting with experts. So, use the find a lawyer tab and I wish you the best.

3. A med mal lawyer would need to get all the records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com