Can I subpoena the paperwork from HR from KBR when my ex husband was fired?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Colorado Springs, CO

My ex husband worked at camp Udairi, Kuwaiti, making over $100,000 a year when he threatened to burn down the base. He was fired and ex courted off base within 24 hrs and put on a plane. He is now employed as a range inspector on a base here in Colorado. We were married for 17 years, divorced last year. Can I subpena the documents and present to his current base to let them know? We has 3 domestic violence's and was fearful to say anything before. I do not have funds to hire an attorney.

Additional information

I have 4 children with him. He has been stealing on post, ammunition, cases of food, when I called his supervisor on post it was ignored. My 3rd child is stealing from him. My son just finished probation and I want it to stop. We have a parenting time hearing date this august. This was not an easy decision and we were married when he was fired from overseas. I will not raise my boys to steal and the harm its causing for father to teach them needs to stop.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . From your question it is unclear what you want to accomplish. If your goal is to cause trouble with his current employer and get him fired, you may want to rethink that. A court will not get involved for that purpose and in most cases you will not be able to subpoena employment records - particularly if you don't have an active hearing pending. If you believe that it is important for his current employer to know why he was fired from his previous job, you can simply call them and tell them. However, you need to make absolutely certain that everything you say is completely factual or you may end up with additional problems.

    Ultimately, you need to focus on yourself. If your marriage is over and you don't have children, you need to move on with your life. If you do have children, your ex husband's instability may be an issue in any custody proceedings and you may want to consult with an attorney regarding the best way to address these issues with the Court. It is a bit concerning that you phrase your question in terms of causing trouble with his new employer rather than addressing child custody with the court.

    You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce and family

Divorce and family covers several issues that can come up during the course of a divorce, such as continuing spousal health insurance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,925 answers this week

3,760 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,925 answers this week

3,760 attorneys answering