Can I subpoena the paperwork from HR from KBR when my ex husband was fired?

Asked over 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

My ex husband worked at camp Udairi, Kuwaiti, making over $100,000 a year when he threatened to burn down the base. He was fired and ex courted off base within 24 hrs and put on a plane. He is now employed as a range inspector on a base here in Colorado. We were married for 17 years, divorced last year. Can I subpena the documents and present to his current base to let them know? We has 3 domestic violence's and was fearful to say anything before. I do not have funds to hire an attorney.

I have 4 children with him. He has been stealing on post, ammunition, cases of food, when I called his supervisor on post it was ignored. My 3rd child is stealing from him. My son just finished probation and I want it to stop. We have a parenting time hearing date this august. This was not an easy decision and we were married when he was fired from overseas. I will not raise my boys to steal and the harm its causing for father to teach them needs to stop.

1. Stephen Clark Harkess

6

Answered . From your question it is unclear what you want to accomplish. If your goal is to cause trouble with his current employer and get him fired, you may want to rethink that. A court will not get involved for that purpose and in most cases you will not be able to subpoena employment records - particularly if you don't have an active hearing pending. If you believe that it is important for his current employer to know why he was fired from his previous job, you can simply call them and tell them. However, you need to make absolutely certain that everything you say is completely factual or you may end up with additional problems.

Ultimately, you need to focus on yourself. If your marriage is over and you don't have children, you need to move on with your life. If you do have children, your ex husband's instability may be an issue in any custody proceedings and you may want to consult with an attorney regarding the best way to address these issues with the Court. It is a bit concerning that you phrase your question in terms of causing trouble with his new employer rather than addressing child custody with the court.