Can I subpeona someone's health records for custody court?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lynchburg, VA

My daughters mom told me her father was hospitalized 3 Times in the last year for heroin, now he's living at her house.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

5

13

Best Answer

Answered . If somene is a habitual drug offender and user, it is absolutely relevant to the case, you may need to call him as a witness and the medical records alone will be challenging to admit and put them in context. take care.

2. James Donald Garrett

5

9

Answered . It is not unreasonable for you to object to these living arrangements. If the mother insists on having her father living at the home, you should consult with a child custody attorney regarding a possible change of custody.

3. Benjamin Pearce Titter

6

7

Answered . You can ask file for a subpoena, but the court may not let you introduce them. The best thing would be to call the father as a witness in your case and ask him under oath about the drug use. Then maybe you can use the medical records to impeach him if he denies the drug use.