CAN I SUBMIT THE FIRST INITIAL ORIGINAL STIP WITH DIVORCE PAPERS

Brentwood, NY |

I HAVE TWO STIPS THE FIRST ONE I HAVE THE ORIGINAL OF IT. THERE WERE ISSUES THST AROSE SO INSTEAD OF ME BEING THE RESPONDENT I BECAME THE PAINTIFF. THE SECOND STIP ONLY CHANGES OUR ROLES BUT HAS EVERYTHING THE SAME AS THE INITIAL STIP WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE SIGNED DATE. ME AND MY ATTORNEY HAVE DIFFERENCES - BARR INVOLVED SO E WILL NOT PROVIDE PAPERWORK. I ONLY HAVE COPY OF SECOND STIP. I AM DEALING WITH POSSIBLE HEALTH MATTER AND DO NOT WANT IT TO BE A MATTER WHERE MY SOON TO BE EX CAN MAKE ANY DECISIONS DUE TO THIS I WANT TO GET THIS DIVORCE MOVING

I WILL BE HANDING THE CASE ON MY OWN I NO LONGER TRUST ATTORNEY AND I HAVE AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE / ANSWER / SUMMONS & COMPLAINT ALREADY ON FILE WITH CLERK ALONG WITH COPY OF FIRST INITIAL STIP.

1. Does your prior attorney have a copy of the original stipulation? If so, he or she has to provide it to you. You can try filing the copy and explaining the circumstances to the Court but it is unlikely to be accepted.

2. Your second stip presumably settled your divorce therefore you must file that one or get your spouse to re - execute another.

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons.

3. The court will only accept an original stipulation in proper form meaning it is signed, dated and notarized. The other stipulation (2nd) one if it is missing these elements will not be accepted by the court.

4. YOU SHOULD GET A NEW LAWYER SINCE YOU DO NOT TRUST YOUR PREVIOUS ONE AND YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. And locate the "caps lock" key on your keyboard, it's just left of the "A".