Skip to main content

Can i submit I-730 form remaining outside the USA???

Syracuse, NY |

I am Bhutanese Refugee holding green card. I am planning to go Nepal to marry my fiance. I have already got Green Card. Can i submit I-730 form from Nepal or not? I will be carrying all other supporting documents with me in Nepal. Is it possible or not. anyhow i want to submit that form from Nepal. please assist me some ideas.

Attorney Answers 1


No. The relationship with the person you would be filing for (marriage) must have existed when you were granted asylum. There may be other requirements not met, depending on when you were granted your green card (would need to be less than two years ago at time of filing).

Speak with a lawyer for further guidance..

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics