Can I submit I-485 without vwp stamp

Asked over 1 year ago - Ontario, CA

hi i entered the us with the visa waiver program from the uk.
I accidentally left my bag with my passport in it outside and it was raining, my stamps have washed off, you can see the stamp very faintly. I can still use the passport it hasn't done much to the photo page.
Since then I have married a Us citizen can i apply for i485 still ??
(I was admitted after being checked and inspected by a immigration officer at Los Angeles Airport)
Btw i also have my flight ticket and boarding passes..
would this be a problem for me to apply for i485??

1. Arturo Angel Burga

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should be okay. I highly recommend you have an attorney help you make your case to the USCIS Officer.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . It is your burden to prove lawful admission.

3. Paul M. Ruby

Answered . Not a huge problem if it's the way you describe it. You have to prove you were lawfully admitted, but the combination of the faint stamp and tickets suggest you are probably ok.