Can I submit amended income tax return form 1040?

Consular denied the immigrant visa to my parents because I did not show enough income in my tax return. Now if I amend and redo my 2010 income tax return increasing the amount by taking off all the expenses to meet the poverty guide line will the consular reconsider the case? Thank You

Flushing, NY -

Attorney Answers (2)

Stuart Jonas Reich

Stuart Jonas Reich

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Definitely better if you get a joint sponsor - the consulate will likely view a return amended to meet the requirement as lacking credibility; may end up getting you in trouble without helping your parents.

Andre R. Olivie

Andre R. Olivie

Immigration Attorney - Seattle, WA

Probably better if you just get a joint sponsor.

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.