Can I still work with employer A using employer's B sponsoship?

Fort Washington, MD |

I am working with employer A until my visa expiration ( Sept., 2013). Employer A is debarred from sponsoring H1B visa. Employer B is willing to sponsor for the H1b Visa transfer.

1. Absolutely not. An H-1B visa is employer specific and is only granted to work for THE specific employer which sponsored you, and no one else. You can only work for that particular employer.
    Anything else is fraud and unauthorized employment which could get you removed and forever barred from any immigration benefits in the future.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You can only work for the employer who has sponsored you H-1B.

Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski, Esq.
    I.S. Law Firm, PLLC
    1199 N Fairfax St., Ste 702
    Alexandria, VA 22314
    Tel: (703) 527-1779
    www.islawfirm.com

The information provided in this answer is designed to provide useful information and background materials about I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. The information provided is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. Any communication, including electronic mail, through this website may not be confidential or privileged. For legal advice, you should consult with an attorney familiar with your circumstances and seek the advice of counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision and should not be based upon written descriptions of I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC’s experience. Every case is different and similar results may not be obtained in your case. I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC does not endorse or sponsor any links from this website to other websites and has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for their contents.