Can I still work after my Employment Authorization has expired that was originally obtained through a Differed App. In 2011 ?

I was granted differed action in 2011. My current employment authorization expires in a few weeks. I applied to renew it back on November 2012 and application is still pending. Can I continue working after my current one expires? If so, What section of the law says this? so that i can show it to my current employer.

Hollywood, FL -

Jose Antonio Moreno

Jose Antonio Moreno

Immigration Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

Working with an expired EAD is unauthorized work.

Yunior Pineiro

Yunior Pineiro

Immigration Attorney - Miami, FL

I am in total agreement with my colleagues. No work authorization, no work.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

No ... once it expires you are no longer authorized to work ... until the new one arrives.

You may need to take a short leave of absence if it doesn't arrive.

For the most part CIS is pretty good about printing/mailing them 90-100 days from the date you 'properly' filed (ie: no RFEs).

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

No. You can only work while having a valid EAD in your possession.