Can i still travel while my green card is in process?

Asked over 2 years ago - Monterey, CA

im trying to go to nz in december for my brothers wedding, can i leave or not?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Wolf W Kaufmann

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . If you have already filed your application to adjust status, you will need a travel permit to return to the US and to avoid having the application considered abandoned. You must apply for this travel permit (advance parole).

    If you do, you must make sure that there is nothing in your past that could make you inadmissible.

    The best is to ask the attorney who is handling your adjustment application about all this.

    Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney

    No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

  2. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Same as first answer. Advance parole if eligible.

  3. Neil Ian Fleischer

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You may be eligible for advanced parole travel doc... just consult with an attorney first as you do not want to leave country if you are subject to the bars of inadmissibility

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,568 answers this week

3,330 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,568 answers this week

3,330 attorneys answering