Can i still travel while my green card is in process?

Monterey, CA |

im trying to go to nz in december for my brothers wedding, can i leave or not?

1. If you have already filed your application to adjust status, you will need a travel permit to return to the US and to avoid having the application considered abandoned. You must apply for this travel permit (advance parole).

If you do, you must make sure that there is nothing in your past that could make you inadmissible.

The best is to ask the attorney who is handling your adjustment application about all this.

Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney
    www.wolfklaw.com
    951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

2. Same as first answer. Advance parole if eligible.

3. You may be eligible for advanced parole travel doc... just consult with an attorney first as you do not want to leave country if you are subject to the bars of inadmissibility

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/