Can i still sit for my nursing boards in ma with a prior oui/ drug cfow with no arrest 7 years ago, and cori is sealed.

Asked over 1 year ago - Wakefield, MA

Is it still possible for me to sit before the board of nursing in MA if 7 years ago I was charged with a oui/ drug charge, not arrested, cfow . I just had the cori sealed, but realized that doesn't matter when it comes to being licensed. I have no other offenses on my record .

1. Terri D. Leary

4

Answered . Your CORI will be available to the licensing board if the OUI was in MA. You should ask someone at the licensing agency or visit their website concerning criminal charges and disqualification.

2. Robert D Lewin

Pro

3

Answered . Section 74 of Chapter 112 of the Massachusetts General Laws (available on line) provides in part that an applicant must be "of good moral character"; the section also provides for the annulment of the registration of a nurse "who has been found guilty of a felony". OUI Drugs (first or second offense) is a misdemeanor, not a felony. If seven years have gone by and you have been drug free and you have no other violations of the law, that one prior DWI Drugs should not disqualify you from becoming a registered nurse. There are thousands of nurses in Massachusetts who have convictions for DWI Liquor and some who have convictions for DWI Drugs. You should be able to show that you are NOW a person "of good moral character". You absolutely should go ahead with your application. We have represented many nurses in your situation. You may want to read up on the SARP (Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program) that is used by the Board of Registration to help nurses with substance abuse issues. Good Luck!!

Attorney Robert D. Lewin
    LEWIN & LEWIN, ATTORNEYS
    Offices in Malden, MA and Andover, MA
    Tel, 781-322-2228
    Fax. 781-322-6351
    Email: rlewin@lewinandlewin.com
    Website: www.attyrobertlewin.com

3. Henry Lebensbaum

2

Answered . It depends on the standards of a particular board.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.