Can I still receive attendant care services once I return to work.? I have seizures when I am laying down or sleeping caused by

Asked almost 2 years ago - Saginaw, MI

my rear-end collision.

1. Michael Lynn Walker

Pro

10

Answered . Yes are you currently being treated? If so have your physician document your condition for your employer. If you stopped receiving treatment, you might want to consider returning to your physician or find a physician in your area. I also recommend you obtain legal council to handle to insurance company on your behalf.

2. Timothy J. Klisz

Pro

8

Answered . If a doctor prescribes attendant care, it should be paid by a no fault insurer. The key is medical necessity.

3. Steven M. Gursten

Pro

8

Answered . Attendant care, like everything else under our No Fault law in Michigan, must be paid if it is reasonable and necessary and incurred. If your attendant care is being prescribed by a treating medical doctor and it is also being incurred - that last part will be the hard part for you if you have returned to work - then there certainly is a good argument for why it is reasonable. Unfortunately I cannot give you a simple yes or no answer without more facts, such as what type of care (monitoring v. bowel, bladder, bandage, etc) and for what type of injury. The answer is based upon the facts and based upon overall reasonableness of the attendant care. Obviously your insurer will likely dispute this, and have an IME opine that attendant care is not reasonable or necessary if you are able to return to work. You will likely have to litigate this at some point, so make sure your documentation is being kept contemporaneously to the service provided and your doctors are indicating why you still require attendant care.

4. Alexander Jesus Limontes

8

Answered . If you are now having seizures as a result of this accident I would highly recommend that you call and attorney if you have not already. If you do have an attorney they should help you answer these questions and deal with the insurance company on your behalf

Pro

7

Answered . If prescribed by your doctor.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  6. Michael Shemtoub

5

Answered . I would talk to your doctor and then ask your attorney if it is covered.
    Good Luck
    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

7. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

5

Answered . You need to consult with a medical professional and then potentially a personal injury attorney.