Can I still join military with my 2 years green card even if my wife file for divorce before the expiration date?

Asked 12 months ago - Covington, KY

I got my 2 years green card and planning to join military but my wife decide to divorce me before the end of the 2 years. After the divorce within the 2 years is my green card still valid to join military? Thanks

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Talk to the recruiter. I think you can. You still need to seek removal of conditions visa waiver.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should be able to join the military as a conditional resident. A recruiter will be able to give you a definitive answer. You will still need to deal with the removal of your conditions. You should speak to an experienced immigration attorney.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Yes, I believe you can join. But you need to address the removal of your conditions ... talk to a lawyer.