Can I still join military with my 2 years green card even if my wife file for divorce before the expiration date?

Covington, KY |

I got my 2 years green card and planning to join military but my wife decide to divorce me before the end of the 2 years. After the divorce within the 2 years is my green card still valid to join military? Thanks

1. Talk to the recruiter. I think you can. You still need to seek removal of conditions visa waiver.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. Yes, I believe you can join. But you need to address the removal of your conditions ... talk to a lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. I agree with my colleagues. You should be able to join the military as a conditional resident. A recruiter will be able to give you a definitive answer. You will still need to deal with the removal of your conditions. You should speak to an experienced immigration attorney.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.