Can i still get my divorce without my husband signing. I havent had contact over 12yrs. has no clue where he is or his family

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

i already went online and need to take it the divorce paper to the couts to file but i havent seen my husband over 12yrs and have no contact information of his whereabout or his family

1. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

1

Answered . It is possible to use substituted service after you've made a good faith attempt to locate him. The procedures are in the rules of Civil Procedure. You may want to use an attorney so you do this correctly

2. Christopher Jay Harding

1

Answered . The Court (and Texas law) requires you to make a good faith effort to find him. After you can prove that, the Court may allow service by an alternative method, such as publication or through a family member. Recently, an appellate decision showed disfavor on the publication avenue, so it will be interesting to see how that would work now. Occasionally, you can pay a private party to find someone for a couple hundred dollars, and they can come up with a list of possible hits.

It is certainly possible to get the divorce completed, it will just take some time and effort.