Can I still get a concealed carry permit with a felony charge with no conviction?

New Orleans, LA |

2 years ago I was charged with felony theft but had it dropped down to a misdemeanor since it was my first no-no. I've haven't been in trouble since then and would like to get my concealed carry permit. I was never convicted of the felony, but did enter a guilty plea for the misdemeanor theft, would I still be able to obtain a permit? This isn't a crime of violence so to my understanding I should be able to, but I just want to make sure.

1. In California yes, in most states a misdemeanor does not disqualify you, but you have to apply for a permit and generally a good reason must be given

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

2. I suggest to you that the impetus for requesting the permit be a legitimate purpose. In California, it would be possible and we have the strictest gun laws in the country.